These resources are for general information purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for legal advice. If you need to speak to a lawyer, find free legal help »
Financial arrangements – making changes.
With some exceptions, the law protects each person’s right to make their own financial arrangements, without other people being involved.
Fines fact sheet
If a person with intellectual disability has fines they can’t pay, or they are accumulating fines for behaviour attributable to their disability (e.g. forgetting to take their monthly train pass), or there are grounds to appeal a fine (e.g. a good explanation), there are practical things that they can do.
Parents with disability
Factsheets to support parents with disability.
- Are Family and Community Services worried about your child?
- Working with Family and Community Services to keep your child safe
- Is community services going to take your child off you
- Your child has been removed what happens next
- If your child has been taken away you need a lawyer
- Contact – seeing your child
- About the children’s court – general information
- Your first day at court