Community Legal Centres NSW represents 41 member community legal centres across NSW.
Community Legal Centres NSW is the NSW member of Community Legal Centres Australia (CLCs Australia). Community Legal Centres in NSW gain representation by CLCs Australia only via membership of Community Legal Centres NSW.
As the peak organisation, CLCNSW represents the views of Community Legal Centres to government and broader community, advocates on key law reform and policy issues, and supports Community Legal Centres to improve the quality of the services they deliver to the community.
Additionally, members of CLCNSW have access to the following benefits:
- Community Legal Centres NSW resources for free or heavily subsidised
- training and conferences organised by Community Legal Centres NSW
- expertise and support of specialised networks of Community Legal Centre staff across NSW
- concessions or special arrangements negotiated by Community Legal Centres NSW from third parties
- an invitation to participate in any law reform or education campaigns by Community Legal Centres NSW including with partner organisations
- expert advice and support on governance and service provision issues from CLCNSW Staff, Board, and the broader network of community legal centres nationally.
Full members of CLCNSW are also eligible to access services and benefits from CLCs Australia including:
- access to the National CLC Insurance Scheme including for Professional Indemnity Insurance;
- discounted prices for the National Community Legal Centres Conference;
- representation to the Commonwealth Government on behalf of all Community Legal Centres – particularly in relation to better funding and better standardised service agreements;
- representation on the Australian Legal Assistance Forum and other national legal stakeholder groups;
- access to national networks and opportunities for collaboration;
- an invitation to participate in national law reform and advocacy campaigns;
- access to free or subsidised training and resources.
To enquire about membership of CLCNSW, contact us here.